Pumpkin Spice Baked Oatmeal
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9×13" baking dish with either non-stick spray or parchment to prevent sticking.
- Mix dry ingredients together first and then mix wet ingredients together. Combine dry and wet ingredients and mix. Pour batter into prepared baking dish and top with pecans if desired.
- Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!
Every year in November, NHBP is happy to offer the Harvest Health program during the weekly Lunch and Learns at The Reservation’s Community Center. This year, the Harvest Health program provides information about lowering blood pressure and taking care of hearth health! The NHBP Community Health Needs Assessment inspired this topic that went out to Tribal Members in 2021. Of 188 respondents, 78 responded that they had been diagnosed with hypertension or high blood pressure. That is 41.5% of respondents! For this reason, the NHBP Health team is excited to offer more information regarding this chronic disease in hopes of prevention and health education to those trying to lower their blood pressure. For more information on heart health, check out www.heart. org.