Savory Style Oatmeal
- ½ cup oatmeal
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg over-easy
- ¼ cup mozzarella shredded
- ½ cup tomato diced
- ¼ avocado sliced
- ½ tsp Mrs. Dash seasoning blend
- Black pepper to taste
- Mix oatmeal, water, mozzarella, and seasoning together and cook in microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, until cooked through.
- Heat non-stick skillet and make an over-easy egg. (Or however you like your eggs best! The runny yoke is delicious with the oatmeal though).
- Place diced tomatoes, sliced avocado and egg on top of oatmeal. Season with additional pepper and Mrs. Dash seasoning blend, if desired. Enjoy!
Show Your Body Some Love
February is National Heart Month. Heart health is greatly influenced by the foods that we choose to eat. There are heart-healthy fats that can help lower our unhealthy cholesterol and raise our healthy cholesterol. These heart-healthy fats have many names, but are most commonly referred to as unsaturated fats or omega-3 and omega-9 fats. These heart-healthy fats can help raise our HDL cholesterol levels, which is the cholesterol that is protective for our body. Heart-healthy fats are found in olive, canola, avocado, and sunflower oils. Other heart-healthy fats include nuts, salmon and avocado! The fats that are less healthy are typically found in red meats, dessert items and full-fat dairy products, such as whole milk and cheese. Incorporating more sources of heart-healthy fats in place of the less nutritious options can be a great way to show your body some love this month!