Street Corn Pasta Salad
- 6 ears of corn, cooked with corn kernels removed
- 8 ounces whole-wheat pasta, cooked
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup lime juice
Did you know? In 2018, 52% of U.S. adults reported using at least one type of supplement. The Food and Drug Administration defines supplements as products that are taken by mouth and contain at least one dietary ingredient. Dietary ingredients include herbs, vitamins, minerals, amino acids and botanicals. One important thing to know about dietary supplements is they are not required to be proven safe by the FDA like medications are.
For this reason, it is important to discuss supplement use with your primary care provider. People take supplements for various reasons, including pregnancy, anemia, vegetarianism, bariatric surgery and more. If you think you need a supplement, discuss your concerns with your physician.