Chia Seed Pudding
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 3/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- In a small container, add milk and chia seeds.
- Then add vanilla extract and cocoa powder. Stir until well combined.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and let sit until chia seeds absorb the milk and expand. (about 8 hours).
- Before serving, stir again to incorporate any clumps of chia seeds.
- For added freshness, top with fresh fruit like raspberries or strawberry slices.
American Heart Month
February is American Heart Health Month! A healthy diet and lifestyle are the keys to preventing and managing cardiovascular disease. The American Heart Association recommends eating fish at least twice a week. This is due to the omega-3 fatty acids found naturally in fish, especially: salmon, mackerel, tuna, herring, and sardines. If you’re not a fan of seafood, omega-3s are also found in plant-based foods such as ground flaxseeds, walnuts, and chia seeds. Consuming omega-3 fatty acids may reduce inflammation throughout the body. Omega-3s also help lower triglyceride levels in your blood and slow down the rate that plaque (fat) builds up in your arteries. Chia see pudding is a great dessert option for incorporating omega-3s.